la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, September 01, 2005

life is beautiful...

Okay, so this is my first official blog entry ever. Brenton Balvin was kind enough to get this started a while back, as well as posting "my" first entry. I was self admittedly quite ancy, though, so they may as well have been my own words. So yes - I am now the mother of two (d & j), wife of one(p). My boys are wonderful, indeed, and consume most of the hours in each day.

For the mere purpose of clarification, I will explain only a few more things about myself if by chance I do continue to post. I am a Third Culture Kid: born in the US, raised overseas, and am an adaptation of a culture all my own. My tendencies, opinions, and contemplations reflect this more than most are aware. I am a Missionary Kid: I have been surrounded by a diverse group of people in a diverse place all serving for the same purpose. Lastly, I am God's Kid: self explanatory.

And so, after the birth of son #2 a couple of months ago, I have stayed home after having been involved in full time ministry for the past year and a bit as a Worship Director. I felt a strong calling back into full time motherhood. I often times resort to having life figured out. And yet here I sit, still faced with the same question I did years, months, days ago...What's next?

My family is incredibly important to me, and yet I miss being involved in full time ministry for one pretty simple reason of many: serving Christ and the Church was my job. It makes it easier from the outside looking in, doesn't it? Just one thing - it must always be my job. We are created to love; we are created to serve...we were born to be worshippers. We must incorporate these things into our lives regardless of circumstance. And so how will I accomplish this tomorrow, and the next day, and the day after that? I can't lay it all out, but I know that I am striving for "Well done"...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

¿De dónde eres? ¿Dónde vivió usted como misionera?

9/12/2005 1:02 PM  
Blogger - e - said...

Mil disculpas por la demorada... Bueno, nací aquí en los Estados Unidos, pero nos mudamos al país de Ecuador cuando yo tenía cinco años. Viví allí por catorce años, y ahora estoy viviendo en los Estados otra vez. !Gracias por su interés! Que Dios le bendiga.

9/22/2005 2:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home