la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, October 06, 2005

my conclusion of the day is...

that I try to accomplish one too many things on my own. My strength, whether real or feigned, is often times my greatest weakness. I am not created to hold it all in; to conceal and carry. Yet my humanity drives me to the tendency to do so. My heart & mind need always to be strengthened, but rarely my pride.

It's like this: I loved when my husband got home. He has a way of putting things in perspective for me. It doesn't hurt that the moment he walks in, he shows me love, tells me to rest as he takes the kids, and asks me what I want for dinner. It doesn't hurt that he's the funniest man alive, either. You haven't lived until you've laughed with him. He helps me to not take myself so seriously amidst the trivial things in life. Man do I love him.

Speaking of love, it's also great to have friends alongside me to lighten the load of the journey we are taking together. It's so refreshing to know that when they say they are bummed that I didn't ask for help, they mean it. I mean, seriously. Why would I not want that kind of companionship helping me to get through the rough?

Even more love, yeah, feeeeel it, is when my dad calls me (even though we ended up having to chat instead), and lets me know he loves me, loves my blog, cares enough to know my thoughts, and asks me for an opinion on something important. I am so proud to be his daughter. I pray my kids feel for me what I feel for my parents.

Lastly, I am so naive to leave the Man Himself out of things, trivial as they may be. Why is He even around at the end of a day I tried to conquer myself? Because He loves me. He forgives me. And that is never going to change. I am so blessed by the love that surrounds me. Sometimes it takes "just one of them days" to remind me.

Uff-dah. I must never rely on my own strengths. This oh-so-original concept seems overcooked, I know. But how often I forget...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home