la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Friday, October 07, 2005

won't you come in?

Picture this...

It's 3:00 in the afternoon on our beautifully sunny block. All seems normal, aside from the blaring 99-00 ecua club mix someone is bumping to high heaven. Those someones are a family full of crazies, dancing and prancing around their living room without a care in the world, reminiscing about the moves they could throw down in the good ol' years. Their eldest son is loving it, as mom and dad try to compete for best move of the year. Even the wee one seems utterly amused.

All at once, there is a knock at the door. Mr. Crazy had gone downstairs for a spell, but Mrs. Crazy and Crazy Jr. were still tearing it up. In a moment of surprise, she sees the face of Mr. Neighbor Man with an embarrassed grin on his face that read, "Oh my gosh, I will just pretend I was not looking in their window. Try no to laugh...try not to laugh..." The door is opened, and they are wondering if Mini Neighbor Man can play.

One would be hard pressed to forget the look on that face. Mrs. Crazy should have been bold enough to say, "Welcome to our dance party! Won't you come in?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home