la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

gas leak?

We were sitting downstairs, having a quiet evening, when I decided that I smelled something fishy. Well, not fishy, but gassy. And not human, but elemental. And funny thing is that I am all stuffed up and not really smelling anything at all. We called the 'rents and were advised to call the gas company as this is something you don't mess around with. Gas company called, we were told to get out of the house but stay close by as we would be arrested if we didn't let them in (or something like that). Out we went, all in our pj's, into our car to wait. And wait. And the moral of the story is...

As we were contemplating the complete demolition of our house by the explosion we were sure we would see, I asked myself if there was anything of value that I should attempt to run in and grab. I thought about grabbing the million dollars cash we stash in our freezer, or my favorite pair of shoes, but decided I would rather live. Instead, I looked over and saw my beautiful family and realized there was nothing in the world that comes close to how much they mean to me. I was overwhelmed by love on this cold night in our car singing silly songs, waiting for a flash.

(I might add that Peter and I thought it may be beneficial for the thing to blow as it would make our move quite easy. I will also add that after all of these incredibly deep thoughts had passed, I then thought of my amazingly crafted Ecuadorian watercolors, my unique red chaises, and all of our pictures, and how I really would like to have those around for a long time. So I guess I am human after all.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home