la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Monday, December 26, 2005

twas the day after

Why is it that every time I go to Target, I am consistently reminded of the depravity of the human condition? As if the gifts aren't enough, there seem to be more people hoarding the mass quantity of sale items than there were the week before; a time in which we make excuses to spend inexcusable amounts of money on people who need nothing but love. I heard a statistic today that the biggest week for redeeming gift cards is this week - the week between Christmas and New Years. It is also retailers biggest week in returns. So not only do we need more, but what we are gifted is not good enough. Are we so immersed in the 'kingdom of thingdom' that redemption has become more so the condition of converting something into cash or value vs. salvation of sin through Jesus' sacrifice?

All this being said, again, it is still one of my top 5 stores, so I am obviously a depraved individual myself on some level. It was a good reminder not to carelessly put that something extra in my cart that I often walk out with.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me be the first to say, 'welcome home.' Amazing how something as simple as a target run can spark such a profund thought. Thanks for sharing it.

12/31/2005 7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home