la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

praise the king

It is quite a rarity that I would find myself posting in the latter half of the morning hours, but I must admit it feels good for a change. This morning finds the cold less harsh, the dark not as destitute, and the whispers to my heart palpable and more sincere...

Finding words to post has been something that has continued to elude me. I believe I have found it more important to direct my words towards others with an unequivocal intentionality than to write them here in this journal of sorts. And I will not feign; I still struggle through each day more so than is characteristic. I do believe, however, that amidst my small and seemingly unimportant hardships, He continues to teach me the process of worshipping with all that I am.

I was at the end of the Psalms the other day and came across Psalm 148. Ironically enough, or completely not what have you, I had just sung a song the previous week that was based on this. It is a song that I have been singing woven throughout the course of my thoughts, prayers, and dreams ever since.

No matter the times we find ourselves in, He never leaves us or forsakes us. He longs for us to feel the warmth of His embrace and the joy of His love. I must praise Him; I must continue the process of surrendering all that I am into His hands.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hihoney,
I just read through Psalm 148 and am ready to begin my day of teaching with a heart that is praising the Lord. I am missing you, Pete, Devin and Jaden more than ever but I am not the only one that is far from some very important people in my life. Praising the Lord can and must be part of my day anyway. Thanks for reminding me of that! Love, Mom

12/13/2005 5:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home