la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Monday, November 14, 2005

speechless

I have been trying harder than usual to make something of my artistic expressionism as of late, but it has proven to be unusually difficult. I could blame it on lack of sleep, too much house work, too much practice of non original work, prepping for HGTV to come and shoot at my house tomorrow and Wednesday (oh man - I had to plug it! I will explain after the fact...), & la di dah. Mainly, I am trying to force something that isn't there at the moment. BUT, then I have a delectable evening & am thoroughly refreshed by those who have made art of their appreciation.

We just returned from another great concert, this time featuring David Crowder, Shane & Shane, and the Robbie Seay Band from a Collision Tour. Praise God for the words and music that have come from the overflow of these hearts. It rocked. Three hours flew by too quickly.

God has created us each with such extreme uniqueness. My time for expression will come, but for now I remain speechless & in awe...and it's not such a bad place to be.


"Here, surrounded by the products of Nature, often I sit for hours, while my senses feast upon the spectacle of Nature. Here the majestic sun is not concealed by any dirty roof made by human hands, here the blue sky is my sublime roof. When in the evening I contemplate the sky in wonder and the host of luminous bodies continually revolving within their orbits, suns or earths by name, then my spirit rises beyond these constellations so many millions of miles away to the primeval source from which all creation flows and from which new creations shall flow eternally. When, now and again, I endeavor to formulate my seething emotions in music - oh, then I find that I am terribly deceived; I throw my scrawled paper upon the ground and feel firmly convinced that never shall anyone born on this earth be able to express in sounds, words, colors or stone those heavenly images that hover before his excited imagination in his happiest hours... Yes, it must come from above, that which strikes the heart; otherwise it's nothing but notes, body without spirit, isn't that so? What is body without spirit? Earth or muck, isn't it? The spirit must rise from the earth, in which for a time the divine spark is confined, and much like the field to which the ploughman entrusts precious seed, it must flower and bear many fruits, and, thus multiplied, rise again towards the source from which it has flown. For only by persistent toil of the faculties granted to them do created things revere the creator of infinite Nature."
- Beethoven (1770-1827) conversation with Johann Stumpff

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home