la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, November 03, 2005

burn baby burn

"Mission is to the church as fire is to burning." -Emil Brunner

I ask myself these questions: Is my mission at the forefront of every thought, word, and action? What is there in my life that extinguishes advancement? What are tangible things our individual communities can do to further the Kingdom?

We must not believe the mission to be impossible. We must realize that our goal is completely obtainable, and therefore live it out passionately. We, the Church, must be a fire that is crazy unmanageable.

What are we going to do to fan the flames?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home