la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

no worries...

...if only it were that simple.

There is so much in me tonight that would be classified as being preoccupied with getting vs. responding to God's giving. I am being stretched tremendously in many ways right now, and know that it is because I have made some important decisions as of late. I turned to Matthew 6:19-34 to read what I have heard over and over, but taking a look at The Message version did me some good.

I must meticulously remind myself to look to nothing & no one else but the One who is love, or I will surely find myself scaling the same walls I had already managed to find my way over.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris Good said...

That scripture is exactly what I have been struggling with as of late. It's cool to see how God pops things up in our life to show us he's listening to our prayers and knows that we want our hearts to change. Really he is an Awesome God!

11/03/2005 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home