la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Saturday, October 22, 2005

bows off

"Christians are somehow prone to talking more about where they've been instead of where they are. Very few people want to speak up while they are in process... They'd rather wait until their junk is resolved, so they can give a 'testimony' about the happy ending. As it relates to your writing, please don't feel the need to tie it up with a bow at the end."

This is a quote by Brad, Nichole Nordeman's A & R guy. I have been thinking and talking a lot about honesty lately and how it pertains to the way we live out our lives. There is a quote that is framed in a home of someone I love that reads something like this: "There is much coldness among us because we do not dare to be as cordial as we really are." This always stood out to me, but I feel I have begun to understand the meaning more and more as faces fade in and out of my life.

What would happen if the walls came down around us and we were all free to bask in an environment of honesty, compassion, grace, mercy, love? If honesty were a given, what would be the next underlying issue we would feel the need to resolve?

As it pertains to my life in Christ, I pray I learn in increasing amounts how to present myself as unpackaged.

3 Comments:

Blogger Brenton Balvin said...

Man, how do you keep coming up with this stuff? Great quotes and thoughts. I really like the ideas of living 'unpackaged.' Thanks for putting such good stuff out there to think about.

10/22/2005 6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, daughter-o-mine...

I like reading your blog.... now it is time to go to work (2:30 am -too early) and I was about to write a rip roaring letter...... Elijah type... but I had a couple of Elishas interfer today.... NOW I find that I have to take the bows off, too. What next?

By the way, do you remember that your mom and I dedicated you to the Lord before you were conceived? Also did you know that I prayed for your husband before he was conceived? Content of prayers... mostly to remove the crud from my life (and my ancestor's lives and Peg's past sins and stuff)that would affect you and your future walk with God, family, friends and so on and so on... Also by the way your sons were also included in those prayers.

I was a lot more into praying and communion with God then... but today has been special, too. I have been forced to go back....

Opps... htere goes another prayer for you... God bless... Dad

10/24/2005 1:12 AM  
Blogger - e - said...

I love you dad! Thanks for putting that out there. It is kind of a weird concept, but true nonetheless, that I am less of a daughter and more of a companion as we journey on in this life. You have always been an incredible example to me, and I will always be thankful for your honesty. I am secure of who I am in Him, and know that it has much to do with you & mom following His call on your lives. I pray for you every morning I awake, every night I lay in bed, and often in between. How sweet it will be when I get to spend eternity with both of my daddies! (= I love you more than you know.

10/24/2005 1:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home