la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

hanging by a moment

Time: 12:40 a.m.
Place: hotel lobby computer in Chicago
Event: life
Value: priceless

So here I sit, so full of contemplation, that I fear words can and will never suffice. I have had much inspiration at the end of this day due to Willow Creek Community Church & the blessing of the A2 conference, the power of the Trinity, and the importance of community, among a vast number of other specifics. I have been challenged, renewed, restored, all in a day's work.

I've heard it said a million times over. "It's those highly emotional/spiritual God-highs that those events bring about". Here's the thing: I am challenged by these types of things every single stinking day that I claim existence on this earth. So is it possible that the door that has been opened in my soul this day brought about by obedience is the door that will mark my one small step, one giant leap? If not this day, then it had better be a door that has already been opened in the very near future. And I had better not find the exit door first.

I have been waiting to move; more like slowly but surely making tiny little steps in the right direction. There are so many unknowns. There is so much that I have yet to learn and understand. I can clearly see my calling playing itself out in my head. It is so incredibly intricate that I already feel that life depends on making it a reality. Yet, I am scared. I am unsure of the first leap to take. It is the missing link; the last couple pieces of this puzzle before I can start the next. I am sure of it. Tears are streaming down my face uncontrollably. This life is made for greatness. His greatness. I know this. I know it each morning I awake. What is dangling right in front of my face that I have yet to grab for?

I mark my own words...I do not want to hang by this moment; I want to grasp for a lifetime. I want to know as I am fully known. I want to share what I passionately believe to be true. I want to sing a song that makes my God smile as His tears of joy cover me with a satisfaction that is irreplaceable. I want to remain wrapped up in His arms for the rest of my days. I want to experience the life He would have for me; a life that leaves a legacy more important than any accomplishment fathomable to my mind.

Do I dare to move?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I left you a message here yesterday but it didn't show up. I think that is not cool. I wanted to tell you that you are already a legacy so I can't beleive what you will become.

10/15/2005 10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home