la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Monday, October 17, 2005

master composer

My house is mostly silent. The only sound filling this space is Marin Marais: Suite as performed by the Palladian Ensemble. That, and the gentle hum of the dishwasher in the background. A girl must do the latter when she can fit it in; no matter...both sounds are as soothing.

I often wonder how a classical piece can take me from laughter to tears all in the same movement. Who would have thought that music not delegated a single word could tell a story so intricate, it often brings more meaning to my soul than those which are lyrically flourished.

Grieg. Beethoven. Handel. Mozart. Bach. Haydn. Puccini. Schubert. Tchaikovsky. Brahms. Debussy. Vivaldi. Rachmaninoff. Strauss. Even the sound of their names seem to play themselves out in melodic intervals. I have to believe that very few minds are capable of interpreting the harmonics of each note coinciding with another enough to string them together, bar by bar, into an orchestrated masterpiece. This is an example of intelligence at its prime.

Props to the Master Composer himself who has given intrinsic value to the sounds which He has both created and inspired.

Lastly, a brief shout out to a few of the famous: Mrs. Araque, Mrs. Renaud, and mom & dad, who all encouraged me to live out with gusto one of the four lifelong dreams of my youth. I must believe that I, too, am more intelligent from the years of training, influence, and practice these individuals found important enough to impress upon me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home