la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Sunday, November 06, 2005

pressing on toward the goal

I am exhausted. That being said, I will also say that I am satisfied, fulfilled, and peacefully pensive at the end of yet another day. It is so good to be held.

Our service today was great; I truly felt that the passions of His people were authentically portrayed by means of individuality flowing out of a same purpose. We had a good time relaxing with some of the team of people we do ministry with at a gathering we had after church, as well. I am incredibly grateful for an amazing group of people I am blessed to know and serve alongside. What a ride.

His Word is alive. I can read one of my favorite passages over and over again, and it is as though I am being enveloped with the words for the very first time...And so, for a select few this may seem redundant, but may actually prove to be useful as you should be able to get through it without any choked up pauses. Without further adieu, this is a great passage in which Paul paints another picture of why we do what we do. And we press on...

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Only let us live up to what we have already attained.

Join with others in following my example, brothers, and take note of those who live according to the pattern we gave you. For, as I have often told you before and now say again even with tears, many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their destiny is destruction, their god is their stomach, and their glory is in their shame. Their mind is on earthly things. But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing erin, your song yesterday was so beautiful, i downloaded it and sent it out to some people that i know will find it as moving as i did. God has given you a gift of not only music performance but of musical expression that touches the lives of everyone who hears through your words to your heart as you sing.

11/07/2005 9:35 AM  
Blogger welch said...

erin - thank you so much for your leadership on the worship arts team and for your passion. I appreciate the opportunity to attend the gathering Sunday night. I have really been feeling a push to step-it-up on my side of Sunday morning. It is very exciting to see other people in other areas feeling similar feelings. Once again I value your leadership and I hope we can keep that in a way that you don't get burnt out and that you still have time for your precious family.

11/07/2005 4:04 PM  
Blogger Chris Good said...

It's so cool to see everyone's heart on Worship just exploding with what God can do. I tell you I am feeling compelled to do better, be more committed and when the time comes after the preperation, Worship with my whole heart.
It was so awesome to see you share with us like that. I can't wait to see what God has in store for us! I feel like a kid that is getting ready for the rollercoaster ride for the first time.

11/07/2005 7:28 PM  
Blogger - e - said...

Thank YOU all!!! What a privilege it is to live this with you guys. Rock on.

11/07/2005 10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... I think all of you above were touched by the same service i was.. and I am more than a half a world away. I had a chance to listen to the last part of the service and communion. (Am I on the right service?) Anyway I celebrated communion with you guys (ok so it was a couple days late but what is time anyway???) So what can this be? Must be the Holy Spirit working in all of us. I am glad He hasn't given up on me... glad to be-- e's dad.

11/08/2005 10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home