la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Sunday, November 20, 2005

the second is this

The last week or so has been a particularly rough one for a number of different reasons. Amidst the chaos of happenings, I have struggled with questions I have been continuously searching for the answers to. There are truly no words that I have wanted to share for fear that they would be anything but transparent; merely a facade of convincing both myself and others of my clean composure. As this is something that I abhor, I have attempted to refrain from both writing and speaking words that are not heartfelt. In turn, this has constituted much more silence than usual.

Though there is a time and season in life for many things, this - a day, a week, a month in mine - smalls in comparison to the millions of lives that I share this time with. We are creatures in desperate need of love. I long for a deep, tender, ineffable feeling of affection and solicitude. At the end of the day, though, there is a truth that remains in me: I am sure of what I hope for and certain of what I do not see. If tomorrow never comes, I am confident that He who began a good work in me will complete it. Yet there are countless others languished away in lies who cannot say the same.

I received words from an old friend who is near and dear to my heart. They were words filled with sadness and despair; words coming from a heart that is lost and badly bruised, and that has not acknowledged His love in far too long. I continue to learn how to worship through the struggles, but this reminded me how important it is to continue to learn to love others through the struggle, as well. I will find resolve in some way or another; meanwhile, the mission is still at hand.

And so, in the words of a great teacher, I must continue to live outside of myself and be willing to be interrupted to love with the same love that has been freely given me regardless of my imperfection.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am praying for you through it all. Check out this link: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Isaiah%2038:10-20;&version=42;

11/21/2005 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for being transparent Erin. Your passion for Christ and that which he died for are inspiring. Continue to share your heart with those you trust and love with the depth of our Savior. God is on the move! In the love of Jesus, Michael

11/22/2005 2:14 AM  
Blogger The Charlebois said...

We've all been there. And we'll continue to stand with you in prayer and encouragement.
"I have been young, and now I am old, yet never have I seen the righteous forsaken or his children begging bread."

11/29/2005 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home