la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Saturday, December 10, 2005

tagged

Funny that I am following up my previous post with another blogging trend. More ironic than amusing, really. However, I have truly enjoyed reading all of my friends' response to this same thing, and so will delightfully comply.

I have been tagged by Katrina (not the hurricane). (= I must now list 5 things that few people know about me & then tag a max 5 more to follow suit. Here goes...


  • I still dream of becoming a classical composer along with a small handful of other things when I grow up; not a conductor, mind you. The closest I have come thus far is 12th grade AP Music...I have a long way to go. I am not sure whether or not I used to try and hide it, but I am proud to have a profound appreciation for the art (Mom, this is one of my childhood dreams).
  • I sliced my ring fingernail with a wire cutters as I was designing my window boxes a few weeks ago, and it is having a difficult time recovering. This makes for an unsightly holiday manicure. The only reason I write this is to say that I have a strange obsession with keeping my nails symmetrical at all times. This is quite a change from a younger e, most apparent if one were to compare my hands now to my hands during basketball season.
  • I, too, check my alarm a minimum of 2 times every time it is set. I do not understand this compulsivity as I rarely wake up to it anyways. I do not believe I have it in me to be timely. Latina de corazon, pero desafortunadamente no de sangre. No one here listens to that excuse.
  • I ain't scared to say I dance when no one is watching. How can you listen to Fruta Fresca, 25 Horas, 2 times...and not move to the beat? My boys are being trained well. Speaking of which, I love Mark Twain's quote on the subject: "Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth." I'd like to think I try...
  • I dream in Spanglish. Enough said.

I believe I will try to extend this into the blogspot world to those who may be most inclined to respond. That being said, I tag Audra, Peter, Lori, and Elly. Happy tagging.

Disclaimer: same 3, just because.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

Sorry -e- that I didn't follow through with this - it looks like fun, but since I am computer illiterate - I'm not sure that I could complete the instructions and tag 5 more! Glad to read you are back in the blog world! I love reading your heart.

12/31/2005 3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home