la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Saturday, February 11, 2006

why a stranger blogs

I was blog surfing today when I came across a post by Mark Batterson on why he blogs. Brenton was the one who first linked me to his site. Mark is the Lead Pastor of National Community Church in Washington, DC and a blogging power house if you were to ask my opinion. Dude has more updates than most of my feeds combined! (= Funny how though most of us on this earth have never met, this virtual world we are a part of unites us in some way, bringing yet another intense element of presence as we strive to bring fruition to our mission. And so, though someone like Mark and myself have never had any form of contact, I would say he has made himself anything but a stranger. As I have been reading quite deep - too deep, probably - into the purpose of this whole blogosphere, I was enlightened by his reasonings. They reminded me of why I was so encouraged by all of this when I began...

2 Comments:

Blogger Brenton Balvin said...

Erin, I completely agree with you on this post.

Blogging has connected me with so many people and thoughts in ways that I never could have before. Hopefully I am not just adding circles to my life (re: Randy Frazee) but I am using these connections to sharpen my mind and heart for ministry.

Blogging is big, and it is a tool that God can use to unite his church locally, nationally, and globally.

Continue to be a blog evanglist. When are you going to add a 'blogroll' to your site?

2/14/2006 7:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have become "acquainted" with Mark through Brenton's blog as well - and now his blog is a must read every day! Reading blogs has helped me to see anew all the awesome things God is doing all over the world. Praise God.

2/14/2006 9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home