la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

vamos ecuadoooooorrrr....

The greatest thing about having to say goodbye is the anticipation of the next hello. If not for that hope, I do not believe I would cope with despedidas much at all. They have, however, been something I have grown more than accustomed to throughout the course of my life thus far. The reunion with the boys was wonderful, as I missed them even before I walked out the door. The fact that one is saying his first words and moving around at the speed of lightning compared to when I left adds to the occasion. Saying goodbye to the fam in Quito was still difficult, though the hope of reuniting is expected to occur very soon...

The Copa Mundial kicks off next month with Ecuador playing a couple of days after the opening ceremonies. As much as I root for my country, I do not expect them to go far this year. Such is the life of the game. Never does that dull the celebration, though! Any time there are important partidos going on, there is not a television not tuned in to the game, not a fan slacking, not a jersey left unworn. Having said as much, we are now suited up for the good times, and hopeful that we will be present in the best place to spend that time. We are excitedly anticipating the next hello!





P.S. - Thanks for the oso de alpaca, abuelitos! He hasn't put him down yet. See you all soon! (=

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris Good said...

Welcome back, never got any calls to sit for the kids. I think Barb is going to need a vaction. ;)

Can't wait to hear the reports from everyone on Sunday.

5/03/2006 4:23 PM  
Blogger The Charlebois said...

Welcome back cuz! We missed you!!!

5/03/2006 5:12 PM  
Blogger Lori said...

Missed ya, Erin! I did however get to hold J for a little bit on Sunday while "Daddy" was busy helping his Mom. That was a treat! Thanks J for chillin' in my arms!

5/03/2006 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hola hermana, como ha pasado, lo siento por no reciir tu llamado, oye y quien dijo que ecuador no llegaria lejos, que fanatica tan deprimida de su equipo, ecuador tience chance con alemania, bueno, chao

5/04/2006 7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okdokeeee.

No puedo creer que uds vienen.... Q Bueno.

Oye, Devin q bueno q le guesta el osito.
Chao - abuelito

5/05/2006 6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home