la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Thursday, September 14, 2006

the rivertown inn



A couple of weekends ago, Peter and I were able to celebrate our 5th Anniversary in luxury, and I only write of it here in order that one does not pass it up if the opportunity were to present itself to stay in this incredible Bed & Breakfast. Located in Stillwater, the Rivertown Inn is a luxurious retreat with exquisite decor, great food and service, and perfect attention to detail. I don't believe I would typically be a fan of B&B's on any level, but I cannot wait until we can return again in the near future.


We were fortunate enough to stay in the Oscar Wilde Carriage House Grand Suite, a room I had been eyeing for quite some time, as it happened to become available after having been booked for weeks straight. This "avant-garde and wildly romantic two-room suite celebrates the lavish style of the flamboyant writer. The main sleeping chamber features a pentagonal bed draped in richly-colored fabrics, an ornate Victorian fireplace mantel, and a cozy sitting area in front of the fire. Stained glass doors lead into the second sleeping chamber, which features a unique bronze-trimmed twin French sleigh bed topped with tasseled leopard print pillows, and soothing deep green walls. This suite features two private (spa) baths for a feeling of pure opulence." Words do not do it justice. Though both carriage house suites were spectacular, all of the rooms in the main house were beautiful, as well; all decorated in the spirit of 19th century poets.


All this to say get there if you are able...



...No, seriously...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home