la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Sunday, June 18, 2006

a father's many faces

I could not retire this day without writing a few lines of tribute to my husband and daddy of two amazing boys. And what better way than to capture just a few traits with pictures...


"Silly goose"...Our home is filled with joyous laughter because of you, and the boys can't help but pick up on the importance of experiencing true contentment in the shared smiles, giggles, and light hearted moments that you provide for them. You are teaching them that our Father in heaven has created each of them uniquely in His image, and that there is great freedom in being oneself...





"Proud Papa"...You teach them to live with a fearless spirit, but are the first one to pick them up when they have fallen. You are learning to love their passions right along side of them , even when you have finally given in to the fact that those may or may not include football (= (side note - this is Devin's first time bowling on Friday in which he happened to pick up a set of spares without using the bumper)...



"Loving Arms" - Your heart is unmistakable. The amount of passion inside of you is immeasurable. Anyone who knows you experiences it on some level; your sons experience it every day of their lives. They will always know that they have a place to belong, a place of shelter, a place of acceptance. They will always know forgiveness. They will always want to be held in your loving embrace. They are experiencing the Love who is Christ through their daddy, and will know that same Love the rest of their lives...


We love you and are blessed by you. Thank you, Father, for this father...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am just reading this now so I apologize for not commenting on it earlier. I love you very much and thank you for this!

6/21/2006 12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home