la vida es bella

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me...I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Phillippians 3:12-14

My Photo
Name:
Location: Twin Cities Metro, Minnesota, United States

Friday, May 05, 2006

commissioned

I am sitting here typing at what I consider to be perfect timing, as I refuse to let the conversation going on behind me between Devin and a buddy go unrecorded...

"Jesus is in your heart & Jesus is in my heart."
"No, I don't want to."

"Yes, He is. It's the TRUTH! He really is in your heart."
"No He's not."
"Yes He is. He died on the cross. You will have consequences when you go home if you say that again."
"No. I don't want to."
"Mom, he is saying that Jesus is not in his heart, but it's the truth. Right mom?"

(mom tries to give an intelligible answer about the decision each of us must make)

"See, it's the truth"


(silence on the other end)

"Mom, will he go to heaven?"


(mom tries hard to find words to encourage this other young one, while making sure that Devin knows the conversation he is having with his friend is of great importance)

"Okay, well you should ask Jesus in your heart, okay?"

"Okay"
"Okay. Let's see if that bug is still dead..."

3 Comments:

Blogger Lori said...

PRICELESS!!

5/05/2006 7:40 PM  
Blogger The Charlebois said...

That is way too precious - praise God for you and Pete being faithful to fill D-Money's life with truth. It's amazing how these truths infiltrate their hearts at such a young age!!!

5/05/2006 8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just know how that little voice sounded and I am cracking up!

7/03/2006 9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home